Saturday, April 10, 2010

Buffalo Gals go 'round the outside...

I started to put together this post to mention the passing ofMalcolm McLaren

He was not only a big inspiration to me, his former partner, Vivienne Westwood, is where I took my tag name. I have, up until the last couple of years, felt like an outsider a lot of the time. Seeing what they were putting out into the world made me feel like it was o.k. to keep doing what I was doing.

As I read more about Malcolm, I found that he was interested in a movement called the Situationist International

As I read more (which I tend to do, get a little nutty about a subject and read as much as I can), the article gives examples of people who are doing things in the spirit of the SI. Then I see Banksy mentioned. A friend I talked to earlier in the day suggested I do a tag with a Banksy slogan. All of this has been swirling around in my head until I could get here and share my swirls with you.

So I just want to say, Thank you Malcolm. And I will keep doing what I do. And I will think of you while I'm doing it.
">

No comments:

Post a Comment