Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Spring is here and when our thoughts and fancies do not turn to romance, hope that the weather gets and stays warmer or taxes, we think of cleaning.

I'm about due for spring cleaning and in addition to going through the appliances, clothes, and other odds and ends that can clutter my apartment, I have to think of my yarn stash.

Within a few weeks of one another, two friends moved out of state and as a result, I inherited a lot of yarn, some of it hand spun. Of course, I was very excited about the acquisition, but as time and commission work came on, I found that there are a lot of these yarns I'll never use, either for myself or to make items for conventions.

One of my first cleanup tasks is to figure out what yarn I'll use. Anything that leaves my stash will likely go to KGC or others that may need it more than me. I encourage knitters, crocheters and other crafters to go through their stashes and think about what yarn you really need. We all got a certain type of yarn for a given project, and either never finished said project or figured out what to do with the leftovers. We all inherited yarn we'll never use. I encourage you to donate, either to stitch and bitch groups, or (yay!) your friendly neighborhood yarn bombers/artists. I know I have a task ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment